Alicante Airport is the 5th busiest in Spain. All the passengers need to get by car, coach or other road-based public transport. Let’s find out how to use the bus services.
Does Alicante Airport have bus services? Yes. You can use bus or coach services to go to Alicante, Benidorm, Elche and most of the other cities in Costa Blanca and Alicante Province from Alicante-Elche Airport.
Here you can find the ultimate resource with all the routes, schedules and links to buy the tickets.
Main Coach/Bus Routes and Tickets
The airport has a bus station at the lowest level -2. Use the lifts or mechanical ramps to get into level -2 from arrivals, departures or the car parking.
Alicante Airport to Alicante City
- Ticket price: 3.85€
- Timetable: 5am to 12pm. Every 20 min
- Buy the tickets: At the bus. This is the official website.
The bus has stops at the train station, TRAM station, city centre and nearby popular hotels. The ride is about 20 minutes long, depending on the traffic.
Alicante Airport to Benidorm
This route is operated by Alsa. They are the biggest couch operator in Spain using comfortable and safe buses. The coaches usually feature WiFi and toilets.
- Ticket price: From less than 10€
- Timetable: The first service at 6:15 am. Last service at 11 pm. One bus every hour. (Note this timetable might change by the time you are reading this, check the website for the most updated timetable)
- Buy the tickets: Alsa website using credit/debit card or at the bus using only cash. Download their app for Android or iPhone.
There are two stops at Benidorm: Avenida Europa and Benidorm Coach Station so it is recommended which one is nearer to your destination.
Alicante Airport to Calpe
This route is operated by Alsa. They are the biggest couch operator in Spain and operates comfortable and safe buses. The coaches usually feature WiFi and toilets.
- Ticket price: From less than 10€
- Timetable: The first service is at 6:15 am. The last service is at 7 pm. Less than 2h frequency. (Note this timetable might change by the time you are reading this, check the website for the most updated timetable)
- Buy the tickets: Alsa website or download their app for Android or iPhone.
There is only one stop at Calpe.
Alicante Airport to Santa Pola
Alicante Airport to Santa Pola is operated by the Vectalia’s line number 8.
- Ticket price: 3.25€ one trip or 48.75€ 20 trips.
- Timetable: Check their website for the timetable.
- Buy the tickets: Buy the tickets on the bus. Always have banknotes up to 20€ to buy the tickets and receive your change.
There is only one stop at Santa Pola
Alicante Airport to Torrevieja
This route is operated by Costa Azul.
- Ticket price: 7€
- Timetable: Check on their website. No night busses.
- Buy the tickets: Online on their website.
There is only one bus stop at Torrevieja.
Alicante Airport to Elche
The route between Alicante Airport and Elche is operated by Vectalia. It is composed of two forks with slightly different routes to Elche: 1A and 1B
- Ticket price: 1.55€
- Timetable: Check it in Vectalia’s airport bus website. Link for fork 1A and link for fork 1B.
- Buy the tickets: Buy the ticket on the bus. They only accept cash and banknotes of less than 20€.
Other Routes and Tickets
There are other routes available from Alicante-Elche Airport. The easiest is to go to Alsa’s website and check if your destination is there. Remember that the Airport-Alicante centre line C-6 has a stop at Alicante’s bus station which gives you more destination options.
If you are looking for a route that is not on the list feel free to tell us in the comments and we will add it to the list for you.
Where is the Bus Stop at the Airport?
It is situated at ground level -2 at Alicante Airport. Lifts and elevators are available.
Alternative Transport from Alicante Airport
Alicante-Elche airport is connected by road only. There are no railway connections available to Alicante Airport at the moment but some studies have started on how to connect the airport with the nearby cities such as Alicante and Benidorm.
There are several alternative means of transport you can use apart from the bus to reach your destination.
Alicante-Elche Airport has a taxi stop to get rides to any other cities such as Benidorm, Torrevieja or Altea.
There is a free fast parking area where private cars can pick-up or drop-off passengers. Transfers companies can operate on it as well.
There are several car rental companies with pick-up and drop-off services at the airport.
There is as well long-term parking services that can hold your private car during the time of your trip duration.