The bus station in Alicante offers national and international routes to more than 200 destinations. Where can I buy tickets? What destinations and routes are available?
What is the most important information about Alicante Bus Station? Alicante’s Coach Station is located at Lugar Muelle de Poniente sn – 03003. Alicante. It has more than 200 national and international routes offered by more than 15 companies. It is open 24h. To book, you need to use the coach operator website or a routes comparison tool such as movelia.es.
The coach station is a modern and relatively new building. Some coach operators have automatic machines or counters where to buy the tickets inside the station but other operators allow only online purchases.
Detailed Information About Tickets Booking, Fares and Routes
The station is located near the motorway exit, which makes the routes faster. At the same time, it is near the city centre, the train station and the Tram station.
It operates many national and international routes including towns in the Costa Blanca and countries across Europe and Africa.
The easiest way to check if the coach route you are looking for is available and buy the tickets is to use a comparison tool such as movelia.es. This website will show the results for three of the main coach operators in the station: Alsa, Subus and Lycar. The tickets to Benidorm, Murcia, Valencia or Malaga can be bought there.
The following table is a listing of few main routes, fares and alternative transport if any:
|Destination||Coach Fare||Time||Alternative Transport|
|Madrid||19:35€-47.83€||4:50h-5:05h||Renfe Train (AVE), Plane|
|Barcelona||48.30€||7:15h-9:25h||Renfe Train, Plane|
* If your route is Alicante-Torrevieja the tickets can be only bought at the operator’s website: costazul.net
Services At Alicante Bus Station
There is a number of services offered at Alicante’s coach station. Some of them might be useful even if you are not travelling by bus:
- Left-luggage office: It is possible to rent left-luggage lockers. You can take the key and pay at the information counter. If it is late and the counter is closed it is possible to ask the security guard. It is open 24h. Depending on the luggage size prices vary from 3.30€ to 5,50€ per day. You don’t need to be a passenger to use the luggage storage.
- Coffee shop: At the first floor there is a coffee shop. You can buy coffee, tapas, bocadilos (typical Spanish sandwiches made with french baguette), lunch dishes, beer and soft drinks.
- Public toilets: As it is expected from a coach station there are public toilets that are free to use.
- Vending machines: In the station there are few vending machines that sell water and soft drinks.
- Taxi stop: At the entrance, there is a taxi stop where to get a taxi if you are leaving the station.
- Pick-up/drop off parking: At the entrance, there is a parking designated area for cars or motorbikes that are picking up or dropping off coach passengers.
- Seats/Resting area: Inside the station, there are some seats and space where you can wait for your coach.
How to Get to Alicante Coach Station
There is a number of ways to get to the bus station by private or public transport depending on where are you coming from. The address of the Alicante Bus Station is: Muelle de Pte., s/n, 03003 Alicante
How to Get to Alicante Bus Station from Alicante Airport
There are two ways to get from or to the airport to the coach station: Taxi/Cabify or bus. Cabify is a taxi alternative, similar to Uber. You can download the app from your phone’s store.
The taxis can be found at the doors of both the airport and the coach station. The bus line is called C-6. This article explains how to get from Alicante Airport to the city centre. The same bus, line C-6, has a stop at the coach station.
How to Get to Alicante Bus Station From the AVE/Train Station
The train station is less than a mile away (1km) from the bus station and it is downhill. If you prefer not to walk, the bus line 06 will take you to the coach station.
How to Get to Alicante Bus Station From the Tram Station
The Tram station is a bit further from the coach station. The path is downhill and should take you ~15 minutes to complete. The distance is 0.8mi (1.3km) If you prefer getting there by public transport the bus line 06 will drop you at the coach station.
How to Get to Alicante Bus Station by Private Car
The easiest way to reach the station is using a satnav such as Google Maps. The station is at Muelle de Pte., s/n, 03003 Alicante.
It is situated nearby the harbour, 1mi (1.5km) away from the beach El Postiguet direction to the airport. There are some parking spots where you can drop off or pick up passengers. If you need to leave the car there are several on-street parking areas were paying a fee might be necessary. There are some indoor public parking in the area.
Is the bus the cheapest way to travel from Alicante?: The coach is usually the cheapest way to travel. Depending on the when and where you need to go the train or plane might be a better option. Always compare the prices before purchasing.
Where can I see departure/arrival times?: The station has screens with the arrival/departures times. You can use their website (only in Spanish) for checking arrival and departures times from a particular city.
I need more information. Where can I contact?: You can call the station by phone: +34 965 13 07 00, write them an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online form at their website: estacionalicante.es. You can leave a comment and I will look for the answer